In order to view and report on Google Analytics data (as well as data in the related SEO Metrics tool), you'll need to connect a Google Account with access to your Google Analytics profiles. Here's how to add a new Google Analytics account to Raven:
- Navigate to Campaign > Google Analytics and click the Add Google Analytics Account button.
- Once you click the Add Google Analytics Account button, a window will appear with a list of services that can be connected. Click the Google Analytics window, which has been highlighted for you to proceed.
- If you already have Google Accounts connected, you will be presented with a dropdown menu for selecting one of those accounts. If you see the account you were planning on connecting in this list, choose the account and click Use This Account. Otherwise, click the New Account button.
- To continue connecting your Google Account, click the Continue to Google Analytics button. Optionally, you can pick and choose which Google properties that you want to give permissions for, using the Advanced Permissions tab. This includes Webmaster Tools, AdWords and YouTube. Be careful in deselecting these options, as it can cause disconnection issues.
- You will be directed to a Google page asking if you would want to allow Raven to access your account. Click the Accept button.
- Once you've successfully connected your account, if you have multiple Google Analytics profiles in your Google account, you'll be prompted to choose one profile to associate with your website. Choose a GA Profile and click the Save button to complete the connection process.
Disconnecting Google Analytics
If you've accidentally connected the wrong Google Analytics account or otherwise want to change the account, you can reset the connection on the account to return to the initial connection screen.
- Navigate to Campaign > Google Analytics.
- Click Tool Options and choose the Customize Settings option.
- Select the Reset Connection tab and click the red Reset Connection button.
- To connect a new account, follow the steps from the above section.
If you want to remove the Google Account entirely, you can do this by selecting Manage Accounts from the Tool Options menu, then clicking the gear icon next to the account you want to remove and choosing delete. This will display a list of tools and Campaigns that will become disconnected once the account has been deleted, so be careful when removing Google Accounts from Raven!