You are able to connect one Google AdWords account per Campaign in Raven. We recommend using an MCC account, if available.
- Navigate to PPC > Google AdWords and click the Add Google AdWords Account button.
- Once you click the Add Google AdWords Account button, a window will appear with a list of services that can be connected. Click the Google AdWords option, which has been highlighted for you, to proceed.
- If you already have Google Accounts connected, you will be presented with a dropdown menu for selecting one of those accounts. If you see the account you were planning on connecting in this list, choose the account and click Use This Account. Otherwise, click the New Account button.
- To continue connecting your Google Account, click the Continue to Google AdWords button. Optionally, you can pick and choose which Google properties that you want to give permissions for, using the Advanced Permissions tab. This includes Webmaster Tools, Analytics and YouTube. Be careful in deselecting these options, as it can cause disconnection issues.
- You will be directed to a Google page asking if you would want to allow Raven to access your account. Click the Accept button.
- Select a specific AdWords Account. Raven recommends connecting My Client Center (MCC) accounts, which contain multiple AdWords accounts. If you are connecting a single AdWords account, you may be required to enter your Customer ID.
AdWords Account Settings
Choose a Different Customer Account
If you connected a MCC account in Raven, you can change the active account in Settings. Click the Tool Options button, choose Customize Settings from the menu and navigate to the Customer Accounts tab. Choose a new Customer Account from the dropdown menu and click Submit to save your changes.
Reconnecting AdWords Accounts
If you'd like to tie a different AdWords account to the current Campaign or reconnect your account, you can do so by clicking the Tool Options button in Google AdWords and choosing Customize Settings from the menu. In the window that appears, select the Reset Connection tab and click the Reset Connection button.