Having trouble getting your Facebook Pages connected in Raven? The most common reason for Raven only seeing your personal page — and not the Facebook pages that you have administration access on — is because of a permissions issue. You must allow Raven access to your pages and allow Raven to post as you.
Raven will never, ever, ever post to your Facebook Pages or Profile without your permission. We promise.
If you've already gone through the process of connecting your Facebook account, but do not have the ability to add Facebook Pages that you are an administrator on, there are a few troubleshooting steps that you can follow:
Check The App Permissions
First, check the permissions on the Raven Facebook application. You can do this by following these instructions:
- In Facebook, click the down arrow icon at the top right and choose Settings from the menu.
- Click the Apps link on the left-hand menu.
- Click Show All Apps if the Raven app doesn't show up in the first several entries of the list.
- Click the pencil icon next to the Raven Tools app to edit it.
This should show four permissions: post, manage your pages, access your pages and app insights, send you notifications. There are also several bits of information that are provided to Raven: public profile, friend list and news feed.
All of these permissions are necessary for full functionality of the Facebook tool in Raven. If any of these are missing, it can cause problems with the connection between your Facebook account and Raven. You can toggle these options on and off, so be sure that each permission is enabled and try again.
Check Your Page Permissions
If all of your permissions are intact, you may want to check your Facebook Page permission settings. If you're not a Manager or Content Creator, we may have trouble connecting your account in Raven. If you're a Manager, you can check this by navigating to your Facebook Page, clicking Edit then choosing Admin Roles to view your admins and their roles.
Turn It Off and Turn It Back On Again
If all of your permissions are intact, there are a few steps you can take to try to force Facebook to connect in Raven.
- Completely delete your Facebook account from Raven and connect it again. You can do this by going to that Manage Accounts page and clicking the gear icon, which has a Delete option. Be aware that this may also delete any pending scheduled posts, if you have any.
- Remove the Raven Tools app from your Facebook account and then reconnect. This will force you to reconnect all of the Facebook accounts associated with this account.
If you're still having trouble getting Facebook working in Raven after all of that, drop our Customer Education team a line by clicking the Question Mark icon in the top-right corner of Raven and they can help.