Connecting your Search Analytics account is as easy as connecting a Google Account to Raven. Similar to how Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools and Google AdWords work, you simply connect to your Google Account, choose the appropriate website and Raven does the rest of the work for you.
If you have not connected your Search Console account yet, you'll be prompted to do so when visiting Search Analytics.
- Navigate to SEO > Search Analytics and click the Add Google Search Console Account button.
- Once you click the Add Google Search Console Account button, a window will appear with a list of services that can be connected. Click the Google Webmaster Tools option, which has been highlighted for you, to proceed.
- If you already have Google Accounts connected, you will be presented with a dropdown menu for selecting one of those accounts. If you see the account you were planning on connecting in this list, choose the account and click Use This Account. Otherwise, click the New Account button.
- To continue connecting your Google Account, click the Continue to Search Console button.
- You will be directed to a Google page asking if you would want to allow Raven to access your account. Click the Accept button.
- If Search Analytics doesn't automatically match your Campaign with a website, select a website from the account dropdown menu. If you have multiple versions of the same website, choose the one that is most commonly used. Click the Add This Domain to continue.
That's it! Once you've connected your Search Console account, you should see data appear immediately.
If the data you're looking at doesn't look like it matches with what you're seeing in Search Console itself, you may need to change the Preferred Domain setting. To do this, click Tool Options and choose Customize Settings. Select the appropriate setting in the dropdown here to obtain the correct data.